Wednesday, August 20, 2014

THE FAULT IN OUR 'STARS'.

R ‘STARS’
Been battling with a particular issue for several months now…..i genuinely don’t know how to express it or what to think of it. All I know is that its SAD. To the extent that it left me SPEECHLESS and anyone who knows me well that RARELY happens.
So this particular issue has got a lot to do with friendship. Yes ‘friendship’. This particular term appears to have lost meaning. Genuinely. Then the most overrated term is the famous ‘BFF’ (Best Friends Forever). And I im about to use this term very loosely in conjuction with the series of dumbfounding events that have transpired for close to a year now.
There are many crimes, mistakes, transgressions and trespasses I have made in my lifetime but one mistake no one can ever accuse me of in this lifetime or the next is DISLOYALTY. Yet as life being the ‘bitch’ she is would have it….i ended up being accused of this heinous crime. Im using the word ‘henious’ because I GENUINELY despise hypocrisy and ADORE loyalty. So im just here….like…err…..FLABBERGASTED. Absolutely, sincerely, honestly etc.
I have made a stand especially with this particular trait that has gotten so SCARCE with our generation and ofcourse I lost friends and even people I loved because honestly it doesn’t cost a thing yet so valuable but here we are acting like it doesn’t matter. Like we can leave without it but truth be told no man is an island. No money in the world can buy it. No amount of relationships can ever survive without it. People keep trying and failing. So if its that worthless why cant we live without it??? Because truth be told whether we like it or not……the epitome of ‘TRUE LOVE’ is LOYALTY. You cannot love someone if you can't be loyal to that person. It’s a LIE.
So I have been having this ‘BFF’ type of friendship for close to 20 years now….or rather had. Then my BFF just goes MUTE on me and I knowing when im not wanted…..i kept I my distance for over 6 months. Made me wonder if we ever BFFs in the 1st place.
Then the already ‘frozen titanic’ hit the tip of an ‘iceberg’ and a whole GIGANTIC, HUMONGOUS iceberg that was obviously hidden underneath came to life and of course with women the ‘claws’ came out. And a whole lot of ‘ice’ (accusations) started flying all over the already FROZEN sea.
So apparently out of close to 20 years Gertrude cant seem to keep her mouth shut about her ‘BFF’…….and im just here like what in the world im I saying after 20 years that I never said before??? Why now?? I had 20 years to do the ‘talking’! And everyone who knows im a PASSIONATE SPEAKER!!
Then I had an EPIPHANY!!! My ‘BFF’ and I had always led different lives throughout our friendship! We both belonged to different circles and had diverse different friends that hardly ever mixed. And everyone RESPECTED and even FEARED our friendship. Then as fate would have it…our friendship got thrown into a group of ‘SHARKS’. LITERALLY. Where we had to work and ‘hang out’ constantly in the same circle due to some venture we were pursuing.
So in actual sense our friendship had never been tried and tested. Sure it got scratched….thanks to life throwing around lemons. But our friendship had never gotten an actual SMACK DOWN. So honestly our friendship finally got a piece of the pie and got it PROPERLY.
But that’s not the issue. The issue here is……if a friendship as old as ours didn’t survive the smack down and with its ‘BFF’ status what does that mean??? Were we ever really friends?!
So lets get CANDID. Or rather….UNCENSORED…..I have never taken a beating lying down and I sure wont start now! You accused me of spreading the gospel about your personal stuff and issues you were going through at that particular time. PRECISELY at that particular time. NOT all the previous 19 years. Correct? Ok. The TRILLION dollar question here is can you for the life of Christ claim just one particular issue you had at the time that you told me ALONE??? Just ONE. And you heard it elsewhere??
My darling ‘BFF’ truth be told you got very comfortable spreading the gospel with EVERYONE who would listen. And the SAME me preaching it was the one who would chew your head off about telling people who were very much celebrating behind your back! You gave details that I prided myself as your ‘BFF’ to carry them. But I would be left DUMBFOUNDED when I find myself seated with people who were even discussing the same things you had confided in me. And I was just left wondering……WTF?!????!!!???!! You should have just gone on and posted them on Al Jazeera! There was clearly NOTHING ‘confidential’ about them. Then as the mask falls off you had the audacity to tell me that you asked me ‘indirectly’?! SERIOUSLY?? Since when did you and I ask each other ANYTHING ‘INDIRECTLY’????
So after all is said and done…..you’ve got people in your boat drilling holes.
We missed phenomenal changes and achievements of each other’s lives because you couldn’t sit me down like an adult and ‘DIRECTLY’ pour out your grievances and we see the whether we would have moved on and grown stronger or simply agree to disagree and move on separately in peace.
Such is the ill fate that befell our 20yr old friendship. I still love but I hate you at the same time.

Time heals all wounds and im counting on it to work faster in this case.

Yours,
BARED & UNCENSORED,

       Getty UNCENSORED.

No comments:

Post a Comment