Sunday, December 11, 2016

TEACHER TEACHETH

   
For most of my late tens......(yes 'tens'. The years between 1 and 10.) I've  heard many of my teachers and the adults in my life say over and over how 'experience is the best teacher' and I never fully grasped its meaning then until recently.
Sure you can play with actual fire as a Baby and realize it's no toy. That it burns and leaves you in pain and most importantly....it leaves you with scars. A permanent painful reminder. So with that experience....you learn to avoid it. Thus the 'teacher teacheth'.

Now...in my present years....im far more 'experienced' with the phrase. And it just suddenly hit me that people often drop the phrase around and we the receivers don't really give it much thought. When we actually should. This phrase is usually used when words fail our 'advisers' or the shoulders we are crying on.

Let me cut to the chase. Life's SHORT! And 2016 just confirmed it. Not many of us can even whisper to ourselves what we've done this year that we'd set out to do with our new year resolutions or them 'to-do lists'. Some of us didn't ditch the douche bags or the infamous *fuck boys*. Others are still in abusive relationships. And many other 'sob' stories.
Here's what I need to say....im not a psychologist nor a therapist or even a life coach but I know for sure that 'experience truly is the best teacher'. But we don't acknowledge that simple fact. We instead take cover in 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger'. Honestly there are a billion situations where that just doesn't apply. Would you jump in front of a bus to check if you'll die?! 

When your spouse is cheating and you find out...how does it make you feel?! When someone male/female walks into your life and uses you plus your resources and most likely ruin your other relationships.....how does it make you feel?! When someone you trust steala from you....how does it make you feel?! When you're trying to date but the guy or girl is all over the place and acting shady....how does that make you feel?! When you lose your one source of income.......or someone you care about....how does that make you feel?!
I'm not here to give you solutions or tell how you should feel. Or blame the people that brought you misery. That's not the objective here.

I just need you to embrace your hurt,your pain,your betrayal,your loss......feel it. And ask yourself; do I love feeling like this? Do I like being betrayed? Do I enjoy being bullied? Do I like being abused? If the answer is no. Then say NO. Not only to yourself but to the situation. We can't live our lives trying to change people or make excuses for them. They made their mistakes when they hurt you, abused you,used you,stole from you......(they can steal your happiness,freedom...etc. doesn't have to be material things only).

So because your own life, happiness, freedom,peace and general well-being is of absolute priority.....do the SIMPLEST thing ever. Just REMOVE yourself from the negativity. Simple as that. Because you can't change a human being's behaviour. They must want to change. Otherwise you'll be hollering 'giddy up!!!!' To a dead horse and life's too short not to live it making yourself happy.

But if you enjoy pain and love the feeling of people oppressing you, exploiting you and your resources then please don't let me stop you. Keep making your mistakes. Live off of your mistakes. Let your mistakes keep you away from being the very best you can be. Keep 'experiencing' your mistakes and at your own time.....you will stop thriving on 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger'.


Getty Uncensored.

No comments:

Post a Comment